The Reference component in Akuko is a powerful feature that allows you to create and manage reusable elements across Posts. With the Reference component, you can streamline your content creation process, ensure consistency in design and data representation, and save valuable time.
The Reference component allows you to create reusable building blocks such as menus, headers, footers, and complex functional units made of multiple layouts and components.
When you insert a Reference component, it establishes a live connection to an existing component, enabling instant synchronization and editing across all instances.
How to Use the Reference component
- In the Akuko editor, create a Layout and add some components to the regions.
- In the Layout settings, copy the component ID check "Use as Reference" and save.
- In a new Post, insert a Reference component, paste the ID of the Layout into the Component ID field, save, and reload the Post.
- You should now find the original Layout component has been rendered into the Post together with any child components you added.
- Repeat the same process to add the component to other Posts.
Managing Reference Components
To edit a Reference Component, simply click on it within your Post. Any changes made to the Reference Component will be reflected across all instances.
The component name
The ID of the component being referenced